- Veteran Dunedin/Brighton Rally Speech
- The DCC 2GP has made the housing crisis worse, but ODT Hawkins-friendly reporter Chris Morris fails to mention that Crs Hawkins and Benson-Pope were highly-paid Cull-appointed commissioners on the 2GP that pushed through the crazy zoning and other rules that have reduced building options in Dunedin and made the few available sections unaffordable.
- Why ‘Pedestrianisation’ works in ancient European capital Downtowns but won’t work here.
- What was it that enraged so many about the latest Tremain measles cartoon?
- Some surprises in Election Spending and Donations, especially Cr. Garey at just under the legal $55,000 maximum just topping Cull’s last spend with the same PR business [if the 2016 $42,000+ share claimed by Cr. Staynes can be believed].
Author Archives: Lee Vandervis
A DCC Deputy Chair position is a Councillor novice opportunity to sit in the Chair’s position in the unlikely event of the Chair being unavailable. It carries no responsibility or opportunity to contribute in any meaningful way. Deputy Chair is … Continue reading
To honour all those Dunedin citizens who have given me almost twice the votes of any other Councillor, I resolve to bring them regular website updates on what I see really happening at the DCC without misrepresentation or suppression by … Continue reading
The Mayoralty is the position that can influence so many local Government issues and processes. What will Mayor Hawkins change? Mayor Hawkins asked me what I would have done as Mayor in a wide-ranging and pleasant discussion. One of my … Continue reading
Radio One Duel – listen here https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/dcc/informal-poll-points-duel
DCC lost Commuter Parking that I have long complained of but might be regained with social media pressure…
DCC Parking Manager claims “DCC does not have space to create 200 temporary parks…” – ODT today…
Again Mayor Cull shuts down appropriate questions asked at the appropriate time. Email received yesterday as below, again well outside the legally required date to answer a question under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act, again no answer … Continue reading