- Veteran Dunedin/Brighton Rally Speech
- The DCC 2GP has made the housing crisis worse, but ODT Hawkins-friendly reporter Chris Morris fails to mention that Crs Hawkins and Benson-Pope were highly-paid Cull-appointed commissioners on the 2GP that pushed through the crazy zoning and other rules that have reduced building options in Dunedin and made the few available sections unaffordable.
- Why ‘Pedestrianisation’ works in ancient European capital Downtowns but won’t work here.
- What was it that enraged so many about the latest Tremain measles cartoon?
- Some surprises in Election Spending and Donations, especially Cr. Garey at just under the legal $55,000 maximum just topping Cull’s last spend with the same PR business [if the 2016 $42,000+ share claimed by Cr. Staynes can be believed].
Author Archives: Lee Vandervis
Tuesday, 10 December 2019 Vandervis censured over ‘aggressive’ parking ticket exchange By Chris Morris Dunedin city councillor Lee Vandervis has been censured by his colleagues after a investigation found he engaged in “loud, aggressive and intimidating behaviour” towards a staff … Continue reading
From: Lee Vandervis <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Thursday, 28 November 2019 at 10:32 PM To: Peter Foster <email@example.com>, “Chris.Staynes@dcc.govt.nz” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, Andrew Whiley <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, Jim O’Malley <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Tom Dyer <Tom.Dyer@dcc.govt.nz>, Robert … Continue reading
Once in a century there is a truly transformational technology that drives enormous social change. Could travel in the 3rd dimension be it?
In response to many people asking me what I would have done differently at the outset given the STV votes necessary to be Mayor, my plan was to change many things. First I would have awarded Councillor positions/subcommittees on merit/experience, … Continue reading
7 months of frustrated information requests regarding DCC lines company Aurora issues finally now to be independently investigated. :-)
From: Lee Vandervis <email@example.com> Date: Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 8:29 PM To: Sue Bidrose <Sue.Bidrose@dcc.govt.nz>, Dave Tombs <Dave.Tombs@dcc.govt.nz>, Aaron Hawkins <Aaron.Hawkins@dcc.govt.nz> Cc: Dave Tombs <Dave.Tombs@dcc.govt.nz>, Sandy Graham <Sandy.Graham@dcc.govt.nz>, “Keith Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org)” <email@example.com>, Jemma Adamson <Jemma.firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Council 2016-2019 (Elected Members)” … Continue reading