I have considered the resolution of the Council and decided that I cannot in good conscience deliver the apology insisted on as it would be dishonest and insincere.
I am disappointed that this means that I need to resign from the positions that I volunteered for as Councillor on the Otago Museum Trust and the Dunedin Licensing Committee. I have enjoyed the contribution that I have made to each organisation and I hope that the Councillor who replaces me will be able to contribute as I have in the interests of those organisations and Dunedin City ratepayers.
I will not be making any further comment on this matter.
- Supreme Court application reasons include:
- Costumer services video evidence
- Mainstream Media have sunk to new lows. Look at some of the reporters feeding you the ‘news’.
- Peter Williams picks the scab of MP Mahuta’s 3 Waters takeover
- The Court of Public Opinion at the 2019 election was surprisingly kind, considering the lead-up months of ugly ODT publicity.