The Court case and the Appeal have been necessary to challenge the DCC bureaucracy’s public attack on an elected representative during an election process, to get rulings on unprecedented uses/abuses of Code of Conduct provisions, and to preserve elected representatives’ ability to criticise Council employees and/or management.
It has nothing to do with trying to get off a $12 parking ticket as repeatedly falsely claimed.
The Appeal issues before the Court are:
1. Did the Chief Executive of the Dunedin City Council follow the procedures in the Dunedin City Council Code of Conduct in forwarding the complaint against the Appellant to the 2nd Respondent for investigation;
2. Was the 2nd Respondent validly appointed to investigate complaints under the Dunedin City Council Code of Conduct;
3. Did the 2nd Respondent act contrary to the principles of natural justice and the investigation he carried out pursuant to the Dunedin City Council Code of Conduct;
4. Should the Appellant obtain the declarations sought;
5. Should the decisions of the Dunedin City Council on 11 December 2019 be set aside;
I have personally paid for all my own legal costs to settle these important issues in the public interest, while the DCC Bureaucracy has used public funds via Code of Conduct which influenced the Mayoral election to frustrate my Judicial Review of their actions in their own interests.
A significant confirmation from the Court process so far has been the acknowledgement that ex-CEO Bidrose ‘was concerned that Cr. Vandervis might become Mayor’.
Thank you Lee for having the guts to have a go at the DCC traffic section . Last night 12.6.21 I was working at the Dunedin hospital and parked on the one way street heading north near the hospital entrance at around 10 pass 5 and when to
pay for parking and the meter would not except my money and told me I could not use my debit card , this is not the first time this is happen , meter 1354 ? Luck I have not receive a icket any time this has happen. I can just see the people at the DCC listen to my reason for n’t whating to pay a find if I got a ticket and then telling me bad luck find still stands.
Regards John Shanks
One has to wonder at the naïveté of lawmakers and public servants whom sit idly by why others corrupt the power of the state. We are not yet America where the full power of the state has been turned on it’s people, but we are shown how bad it can get.
Keep going Lee. These people are orcs, and hate the light. Keep shining it on them for all to see.
MORE: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned ’round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man’s laws, not God’s! And if you cut them down, and you’re just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!