Reporter Morris does say that the DCC Second Generation Plan “had been blamed for holding up the development of hundreds of new homes”, and says that “The 2GP itself has also been described by one property developer as “broken” despite rezoning 190ha of new land for residential development.”
Reporter Morris fails to report that Crs. Hawkins and Benson-Pope pushed through new harsher 2GP rules for residential building in rural and semi-rural areas where the 15 ha rule for a house has been increased to a draconian 40 hectares, massively decreasing housing section possibilities, and massively devaluing many rural and semi-rural property values. Morris fails to mention the absurd 2GP rule for granny flats requiring them to be only for a family member…
“Mr Hawkins favoured infill development over urban sprawl” says Morris, but in fact his green ideology has limited both – the 2GP won’t let you build in the country hills and the 2GP absurd requirements for houses on the low-lying flat to be ‘relocatable’ means you can’t build economically on the flat either.
The housing ‘crisis’ has been created by those that now disallow a quick fix because of their ideologies.
- Total disregard for this year’s Annual Plan Consultation result is highlighted on the video from 1.24 onwards. 1.26 onwards highlights no budget for new Landfill required for 2023.
- Insights into DCC management ex Richard Healey today on FB
- 8 years of DCC ‘events’ recorded by CEO…and falsely claimed to be Complaints.
- The ODT has falsely claimed that “In the last triennium, 2016-19, there were 12 complaints against the councillor.” I will be progressing this with my lawyer on Monday.
- Mayor Hawkins breached confidence on my non-public, non-staff CEO motions.